If I could describe how I've been feeling lately, I'd say stressed, and exhausted. Yes, it's true. But behind the stress of school, and the exhaustion that comes with work, school, and deadlines...I'd honestly have to say that I feel more blessed than anything else.
The weekend is coming quickly, and the day I've been waiting for is coming around the corner. No, not my wedding day. But the Jasmine Star Workshop. To be honest, after I signed up I had a little meltdown. I cried and I told Chris I quit photography. I had the chance to see all of the fellow workshop attendees' work. They're all very talented, and all absolutely amazing. I was scared. Terrified. Shaking in my boots. I felt like I didn't belong. You know. Sort of like the school freak trying to fit in by trying out for the cheer team.
But what I didn't remember at the time was that this whole process isn't a competition. The very reason I signed up for the workshop in the first place is to learn. I often forget that the beginning is always a struggle. Especially in this business. You either pull through or you don't. And I...I pull through. Because no matter how many times I quit and cry, this is my passion. My dream. I'll pursue it even if it means I fail because at the end of the day I'm happy. If I'm happy, then I consider myself successful.
In a few days, I have the chance to meet and learn from Jasmine and 19 other amazing photographers. I'm no longer scared. Terrified. Definitely not shaking in my boots. I'm excited to make new friends. Learn from the best. But most of all, be inspired to keep on truckin. I am so thankful to have this chance.
So this I leave you for Thankful Thursday...
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt

6 comments:
I have so many days when I feel like that too. Like I'm not good enough, that I'm just embarrassing myself thinking that I could ever even become a photographer ... but as you said .. I pull through. Keep believing in yourself and keep pulling through. I'm so jealous you get to go to a J* workshop!!! Wow I'd kill for a chance like that. Thanks for sharing this post, I can definitely relate.
Ooo Gladys -- I felt the same way as you after I got into the workshop -- and honestly, I am still petrified! There are so many talented photographers out there ... I have to remind myself every single day not to compare. That this isn't a race/a marathon. That the journey is rewarding in itself and we are all at different points. I can't wait to meet you. I am really still nervous for THE workshop but I am trying to keep calm and carry on :)
Great blog post!
dear gladys--
tears comes with love and passion. it's a gauge of how close you are to something. i'm saying, tears aren't a bad thing. neither is being scared. it'll help motivate you to work harder; to keep pulling through like you do.
i must say, you're a fine and talented photographer. i'm sure there's someone at the workshop that's intimidated by you. and at least a dozen that are inspired.
xoxo
katie
this weekend will be so much fun for you, and not only because you will be seeing me :] this is going to be an amazing experience and you will be able to learn things from all of the other workshop attendees. you just always have to remember why you are doing it. because you love it. and you may not be the best right now (although I think you are pretty damn amazing) but you will be eventually, and one day, aspiring photographers will be looking up to you and attending your workshops. i believe in you!
Honestly Gladys I think we all feel the same way. I personally think that your work is beautiful and look forward to meeting you! We are gonna have so much fun & learn so much from J* and each other!
-Radelle
www.eternalreflectionsblog.com
www.eternalreflectionsphoto.com
Hi Gladys! You dont know me but I stumbled on here through Anda somehow! Anyways just wanted to say thanks for posting this! Sounds like youre in school like me and doing this photography thing on the side as well! And girl just wanted to say I totally 100% relate!!!!And if anything, this post inspired me to keep my head up! So thank YOU Gladys! And have fun at the workshop! btw, you're work is beautiful!! =)
Post a Comment