this blog is under construction. stay tuned for a brand new blog soon :)

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Question.

Lately, the same thought has been on my mind. Over, and over again.
"Did I do this at the right time?"

Today is November 1st. By this time tomorrow, I'm sure it will be December because that's how time is. It flies. And once December starts, it's only about 3 weeks of college left. EVER. I can't believe it's coming to an end so quickly. But it's time. I'm ready.

But that's exactly it. I'm finishing my degree in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Administration. I don't know if you noticed, but nowhere does it spell p h o t o g r a p h y. 3 months ago, I made the decision to follow my dreams. 3 months ago, my last semester began.

So then comes the question, "Did I do this at the right time?" And to be honest, I have no idea. Because I know how important it is to have a degree, and I love my major. I can't wait to be done and graduate. Then there is photography. A force that hit me like a big yellow school bus, but in the best way possible. But because I'm in school, I can't give as much time and attention to it.

So, "Did I do this at the right time?" Who knows. Only time will tell.

But this, I know...

If you never take chances in life you'll miss out on the best things.


2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Great post, I finish off university this year - very scary.

Amborsita said...

Aww Gladys! You'll be amazing no matter what you set out to do! Your photography is so inspiring and I'd encourage you to follow your passion and do whatever makes you happy, no matter what's written on that degree =) And you can guarantee whenever the heck I get married I'll be ringing you to capture it on film!