I wanted to be a doctor. Who didn't? I wanted to save people's lives. I even practiced writing prescriptions for my future patients. Yes, I was born a nerd.
Then there was the time I dreamed of becoming a flight attendant. I used to put on my flight attendant "voice" and announce: "This is American Airlines flight 702 Non-Stop to Chicago." Yep, I did. Not going to lie, I still have a yearning to be one. But because I'm vertically challenged, my hopes and dreams of becoming a flight attendant have been put aside. But I swear, one day you will see me walking through an airport in a jumpsuit dress, kitten heels, and rollie backpack. I might not be the real thing, but I'll definitely look the part. And people won't even know the difference :)
But now, Now I wake up and I see my camera and smile. It was never anything I dreamed to be when I was younger. Nor did I expect to one day wake up and want to capture beautiful moments in life. But it happened, and I'm so happy to be able to share that with so many people.
Though I'm still very new to this business, I hope that one day a little girl will want to become just like me. Me, as the photographer who absolutely loves taking photographs with all her heart. The photographer who is happy about the decision to follow through with her dreams. And, because of it she is successful. The photographer who wakes up every morning and smiles at the sight of her camera...

1 comment:
Loving this post :) Beautifully said.
Post a Comment