It was simple. Two people, myself, and a camera. That's all I wanted. But one night before bed, I started to think hard about what I really wanted. After all, this shoot was for myself. I wanted to make something beautiful. Step out of the box and get creative. But I thought too hard and I couldn't come up with anything. The next morning, I woke up and it hit me. I dreamt it. It happened in my head while I was sleeping. Two people. Airport. Airplane. And the rest is history...
I know the importance for us photographers to shoot for ourselves. I didn't put this together because I was asked to. I put it together because I wanted to. Being behind a camera brings me happiness, and I...I wanted to create something for me. I don't have the words to say how I felt that day. To see it come to life. It was incredible. And I'm happy and grateful that I had the chance to make it happen.
Complete coincidence, but this is my 100th blog post. I like to think that it was meant to be that way. Because to me, the 100th blog post should be special. And this shoot, it's my something special...








Many thanks to those who helped make my vision turn reality. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I truly, can't thank you enough.
Models: Alisa Grant and Sean Leon
Photography: Gladys Jem
Assistant: Chris Allen
Dress: Jenny Han
Stylist: Hannah Yanow and Gladys Jem
Bouquet: Lynn Allen
Bi-plane: Tom Ryan and Rich Gaines
Coordinator: Joe Allen
*after this shoot, we went to a field and shot some more. in different outfits of course :) will blog those soon!
Happy Saturday!













11 comments:
gladys, i am squealing in excitement for you!!! these are gorgeous!! and i just love LOVE your whole concept!! you totally rocked it out sister! I'm so proud of you! xoxoxo!!
Awesome images Gladys! You should be very, very proud of yourself!!
Babe! So inspired by your ability to create and bring to life your passion and vision. Please, don't ever stop creating! You're just that amazing!
This shoot IS something special. I'm so happy for you!
Very nice Gladys! Love the concept and the pictures are beautiful!
In love with them...completely in love!
Girl these are AMAZING!! LOVE every one of them. Great job girl!!!
LOVE THE IMAGES GLADYS!!!!
These are beautiful. So romantic!!
wow, gladys, wow. congratulations on the 100th post -- something to be proud of!! it's wonderful how you are shooting for yourself -- and with major flair, too! this post was worth the wait (it was dreaful being away from blogland)!
GAH!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!
You are SOOO amazing!! I'm finally catching up on blogs and I'm so impressed with you!! ;)
Post a Comment