So there's this one moment during my freshman year of college that I hid in the back of my head the day after it happened. It was tragic. There was blood. There was tears. It was painful...
I fell off the treadmill. Yup, you read that right. I fell off the treadmill. I was running and my arm got caught in the earphones and I ended up knocking Sara's iPod off. I saw it happening in slow motion, and for some strange reason I forgot that I was running and on a treadmill. HELLO! So I reach down for it as the treadmill was going and the next thing I know I hear this thud. Oh wait, the thud was me hitting my knee and sliding off. Yup, go ahead. Laugh. But whatever, I was tough. I got up and got back on the treadmill for 5 more minutes. Then it hit me what actually happened, and I rushed out of there like there was an earthquake or something. Oh wait, no earthquake. It was just me falling off the treadmill.
Ever since that happened, I vowed never to return to a gym. EVER! I mean come on internet, I was mortified. I swear they have it on camera. And anytime I ever saw one of the front desk people, or supervisors, or trainers from the campus gym on campus, they'd look at me. They'd give me this look like, "Hey! You're the girl who fell off the treadmill." Yikesabee! Also, whenever I see videos of people falling off treadmills, I laugh. (See Below) But deep down, my heart hurts. Because I was one of them.
But this year, it's different. I've returned to the gym to get in shape for my wedding, and I have a fabulous trainer to boot. He's the reason why it hurts to laugh at the video above because my body is sore today. But I love him for it. I actually told my trainer this story when I met with him for the first time to explain why I'm a bit out of shape. Why I dreaded gyms for the longest time. And why I hate when people look at me at the gym. Of course I'll blame it on this accident, and not my love for cupcakes ;)
I'm a changed woman ya'll. I love gyms now. All in the name of Skinny.

9 comments:
Awah Gladys I feel your pain!!! I too have a gym disaster. During my consult with a trainer, she worked me so hard my legs started to quiver...then gave out! I fell on the floor in front of 5 super muscular men. You know what...falling down happens but the important thing is it builds character when you get back up.
I am laughing so hard at that video....oh my gosh...to funny. thanks Gladys...awesome!
I'm so scared of treadmills for the exact reason! So I avoid them and opt for the elliptical machine.
Oh my gosh. Reading your pain was nothing like watching that video and feeling the pain. Wow. Poor you :( :( Glad you're heading back to the gym though :) That's always a good sign. Stick with it :)
All I can say is, I'm so glad i have gymequipment at home where no one watches me excercise :D
honey, it's ALMOST happened to me several times. that's when i vowed to never get back on a treadmill and i still don't use them. :-)
you're amazing! and you have the best blog! love to come here and read about you and your life over there in SF.
I was so in the gym with you when this happened. But you were in the area in front of me and I didn't see it, but I heard it. I definitely almost killed myself on one of those stair climber things at the gym once and I was so embarassed. Another reason why I hate the gym. But I'm proud of you for getting back on it. Just remember...if your iPod falls, let it drop!
This guy tryna be hella slick probably beats anyones fall off treadmill experience... not to mention he's attempting to c-walk in some slippers...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDQwQGzMTKc
Post a Comment