this blog is under construction. stay tuned for a brand new blog soon :)

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: The Dress

First things first, I am not going to show you a picture of the dress. That would just be so stupid of me. If I wanted Chris to see it, I would just take him to Bridal Galleria and try it on for him to ask for his approval. But it doesn't work like that. He is not allowed to see it until November 19th, 2010. Some things are just worth waiting for ;)

Instead, I'll share with you the story. Earlier this month, Bridal Galleria announced a Jim Hjelm Trunk Show. When I received the email announcement, I immediately emailed my bridal party for a "let's search for my perfect wedding dress at the perfect jim hjelm trunk show" meeting. Ever since I got engaged, I have been stalking the Jim Hjelm website and have fallen madly in love with the dresses. I told myself that I'd have a Jim Hjelm wedding dress. No questions asked.

But I forgot. I forgot that sometimes, some relationships just don't work out. By relationships I mean, Jim and I weren't clicking. It was sad. I almost broke down right then and there. In the fitting room. In front of my mother, Hailey the consultant (best consultant EVER!), Sarah, and my Sister. I was disappointed when I realized I wasn't going to rock a Jim Hjelm dress on my wedding day. But you know what, when one door closes....Another one opens. And that other door is called Romona Keveza.

Romona and I clicked. We clicked a couple of times in fact. Many of the dresses that gave me the butterflies were Romona Keveza. One in particular was this stylish gown with an art deco design that made me feel so fabulous. Its from her Legends collection, and it is beautiful. So beautiful that I could have married myself. I seriously would have walked the miles to City Hall and married myself that day. It was just that good.

*photo from InStyle magazine

My heart was set on this dress. I wanted it. My mother loved it. And trust me, my mom made a lot of funny faces during the 20 something dresses I tried on :) Then Hailey did the unthinkable. She brought in one last dress for the heck of it. She's all "Here's one more, you don't have to try it on. But if you want you can!" And of course, I did. I mean HELLO, I love wedding dresses. I wish I could wear one everyday. So I just had to try it on. And party people, when I tried it on... It gave me this magical feeling and it whispered sweet nothings to my body. I think I heard Spice Girls "Two Become One" in the background when Hailey zipped it up. Just sayin ;) I think I also screamed something along the lines of, "Yes! I said Yes to the Dress!" Please don't judge me. I was excited.

I loved the dress I was originally going to get, but I am in-love with the one that I ended up getting. Who would have thought that I'd find THE DRESS that cold day in December. I am glad that Jim Hjelm and I didn't work out. It was for the best. I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my dress, and for Chris to see it!

Lastly, I have my parents to thank. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be wearing my dream wedding dress on my big day. Thanks Mom and Dad for making the trip out there to help me find/get the dress of my dreams! Love you both!

As for photos of the dress, you'll just have to wait until late November to see!

Happy Wednesday!

*Next week on Wedding Wednesday: My something blue!
Also: Future brides in the SF area. Make sure you check out Bridal Galleria when searching for a wedding dress. It's just lovely. Make sure to also ask for Hailey. She is the best consultant evaaa!

7 comments:

Chris said...

I can't wait to see it! I'm giddy with excitement!!!

Alexandra said...

Aww :) Cute story, good thing you decided to try on that last dress!

Kayleen Taulanga said...

ooh congrats girl!

Anouschka said...

What a great story! Your dress is gorgeous, i can so imagine you falling in love with it :)

Justin and Silvia said...

HI Glady,

I love you wedding dress story! Can´t wait to see you ! You are going to be so pretty!
Love
Sil

Sara G. said...

1. LOVE THE POST....SO GLAD I COULD BE THERE, BUT 2. WHO THE F WROTE THIS....you spelled my name wrong. I think you're getting back at me. Still love you lots and can't wait to see you in your dress NOV 19th g.lady!

GladysJem said...

Haha oops! Typo, but yes I am getting back at you for calling me photography instead of photographer. Hehe. Can't wait til we find your bridesmaid dress :)