At Thanksgiving, Chris cousin Michelle mentioned her friend's blog which had a Wedding Wednesday feature. And I thought to myself, Wow! Why didn't I think of that? This girl gets major cool points for being so cool.
I've thought hard and long about what detail I'll share with you first. And I've come to the conclusion that because I am a photographer, I'd share with you who will be capturing our special day. It's still a bit unreal to me because when Chris and I got engaged, we knew who we wanted to photograph our wedding. At least I for sure did ;) We just didn't think it would actually happen.
The fabulous photographer who will be spending our big day with us is Jasmine Star. You should have known who it was after reading the word fabulous, but it's ok. I forgive you. Everyone and their mom knows how much I adore Jasmine's work. I've followed her since the day I clicked on her name on wedding cabaret because it sounded cool. And that she is, and more.
The short story: Chris contacted her behind my back and asked if she was available on November 5th, 2010 (Our first initial date) And she was booked. So Chris lets me know of this breaking news and I go online searching for other photographers that we could possibly get in contact with. I even posted a blog post here asking people for suggestions. But somewhere between all the searching, I texted Chris and I said "We need to have a talk, I really really really want Jasmine to be our photographer." So then. Over salads at Plutos, we came to the conclusion that we had to have Jasmine photograph our wedding. Right then and there he busted out his iPhone and sent her an email asking her what available dates she had for November. And that my friends, is how we decided on our date for November 19th, 2010. We are the only people I know that have decided on their wedding date based on the photographer's availability. 100 Brownie points for us.
Chris knows just how much I love photography, and how important it was for me to have a photographer that I really loved to capture our big day. Chris loves her too, so we are definitely excited to have her and her husband JD with us in Sonoma for our wedding. We know our photos will be nothing but fun, fresh, and fabulous ;)
*This photo was taken when I attended Jasmine's workshop in November
Happy Wednesday!


6 comments:
congratulations on picking your wedding date! i will be counting down the days to see your beautiful wedding, especially since miss jasmine star will be your photographer. total awesomness!! yay!
Hi :)
you don't know me and neither does Jasmine but I'm so excited for you! I love Jasmine Star and hope she can be my wedding photographer, too. Well, I have to get engaged first, but hey a girl can dream ;)
Good luck with your wedding, marriage, and photography!!!
Ooooh I am excited for Wedding Wednesdays! This will be fun :]
Awww :) I love Jasmine Star, can't believe you changed your wedding date just so you could have her - that's devotion haha. The wedding wednesday idea is great! Can't wait to find out more
Wow, I am so happy for you! you are going to be one beautiful bride and have one awesome photographer. I'm so excited to see your pictures lol! Please get married now! hehe
I'm so happy that you decided to do Wedding Wednesdays like I suggested. Very awesome. I didn't know that was how you picked your date. :D
Post a Comment